... ou comment vivre une vie créative

Friday, December 9, 2011

Queen of GREY

Tammy is having another week of colors at Daisy Yellow's!
Since I'm working on the theme "grey side of life" in my sketchbook, I'm queen of GREY!
This week, I made spread 4 :
Did you know that 'gray' is how the color is spelled in the US and 'grey' is how it's spelled in England? I didn't. I just found out recently.
In french, we say 'gris' and in dutch, we say 'grijs'.
I've made a bunch of pieces of art with shadings of grey :
I love grey. It's the color of stone.
I have a great file with pictures to get inspired from :
Now, go outside to photograph and make your own stack of grey.
I grey you :)

12 comments:

EVA said...

Very cool! Quite different from the architectural inspired pages.

Christine said...

I love what you've done with this neutral colour!

Mary C. Nasser said...

More beautiful, rich grays! :)

Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

ArtMuseDog and Carol said...

Can create alot with grey/gray ~ ~ thanks, namaste, Carol (Share the Creative Journey)

Geckostone said...

Great art and awesome photos! I love gray too and I love black and white photos! Deb

Pippa (pjbear) said...

Amazing!

Marit said...

I 'grijs' back at you Nathalie! Fabulous photo-mosaics and your pages are again stunning! Do you know the song by the band 'Live'??? ('the beauty of gray')

iHanna said...

Love your grey spread a lot, very pretty tulips.

carlarey said...

I love grey, or gray. Lovely use of such a limited palette.

SHERI C said...

ALL of your greys are inspiring. I love the color in horses and art! Beautiful collection and so glad you shared it this week. Happy PPF!

oneartistjournal said...

Beautiful images with a million grays...I love grays too lately, but in combination with smidges of other colors, like red and pink...very defiant.
(:

peggy aplSEEDS said...

your work is wonderful, and for a physician with a young child, i'm amazed you have the time! merry Christmas and thanks for sharing!
hugs,
peggy aplSEEDS