... ou comment vivre une vie créative

Monday, October 3, 2011

scrapbook experience

The second workshop I took last week-end was with Céline Navarro, a french scrapbook artist.
I made a girly album with pictures of Margot when she was about one year old.
This is the outside cover...
 ... and this is the inside :
The whole thing was very easy to make. We used three pieces of cardboard (big ones for the covers and a thin one for the spine) and bounded them with masking tape. Did you notice my gorgeous polka dots masking tape?
Then, we glued a spiral bound booklet on the right panel :
details of stamps :
Not bad for a first time? Don't you think?


Scrapbookers have a bunch of fancy supplies!!!
Embossing powders, gorgeous papers, stamps (anything you can think of), glitter inks, beads, brads, shiny eyelets, stickers, colorful rub-ons (and ribbons), tags, masking tapes, spray paint, stencils...
Problem is that everything is very expensive :(
I bought some gorgeous masking tape though.
I think that art journalers don't need all that stuff. Paint (even cheap one), regular glue and favorite pens is all we really need.
But it was fun fun fun to play! And I'll certainly attend to scraptastic 2012.

1 comment:

Susan King said...

Beautiful! All those stamps take up lots of room too! (I know, unfortunately.)