... ou comment vivre une vie créative

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

complete mess

No no no no no... not every piece is a success.
I tried Michelle Ward's disappearing act. I thought I could use her technique for some art journal pages.
Well, I made a mess! A black and white one.
I've used a lovely stamp but white spray paint that was way to liquid and smeared and ruined my page :(
Look at that :
But, I won't give up. Later today I'm going to buy a stencil I saw a couple of days ago at my local craft store and give it another try.

7 comments:

michelle ward said...

Natalie - I'm happy to hear your gave the technique a try....but you picked the two hardest colors to work with for this one. I'm happy to learn you plan on trying again. I think you'll feel much better about it when you let the colos blend a little more on the background. Can't wait to see how you do. Thanks for sharing your first try, and your determination with the team.

Sparkleblue Faery said...

I like the grungy texture of the page. Perhaps it did not come out the way you wanted it to, but I think it still looks cool.

jgr said...

Natalie, you are very brave, using black and white, I agree with Sparkeblue: it has a bold texture that I find appealing. I can't wait to see your next one.

cathsheard said...

Good on you for sharing something you feel didn't work well. I'm with t he others, I like the result and think it would look amazing with white journaling on top. Can't wait to see what else you do.

goudenregen said...

I agree with the others that this page can be saved by adding lettering or perhaps some more stamps in other colors(?) I always get a bit nervous when using spray paint, I don't seem to be able to control it. Looking forward to your next pages.

Michelle said...

Yep! Definitely not ruined - may be just not as planned! I really do like it!

Barbara Marie said...

I loved your black and white color scheme... it may not be what you were trying to achieve, but I agree that it will be amazing with some white journaling on top.