From the sky, from the earth, from a scrap of paper, from a passing shape... We must pick out what is good for us where we can find it.
Pablo Picasso

Thursday, August 4, 2011

buried treasure : compilation of urban cards

Are you familiar with Seth Apter's blog : the altered page?
I have read every edition of the pulse and enjoyed it so much. Thanks to all his surveys, I have found a bunch of great artists and started following their blog.
I was so sad yesterday when I realized that I'd missed the opportunity to join this year's buried treasure :(
I send Seth a message and he kindly accepted to add my link to his post!
I'm so thankful.

So, if you're here, that means that you had the courage/curiosity to browse the link list up to the end :)
I am number 63.
Welcome to my blog, my second life.
I've chosen to dig out a my best work (my urban cards) for this special occasion...
... taking out my great ideas from that barrel full of ordinary ones.
Some of my readers suggested framing them and aligning them on the wall. 
For now, I just pile them up on my desk, flip them from time to time and smell them regularly :)









Remember this project? Those urban cards are going to be my main theme.
Tomorrow, I'll show you my first page...

4 comments:

Miss Marple said...

I love, love, love these cards and how you paint and draw!
Lieve groetjes - Irma

nacherluver said...

I just LOVE your style! These pieces are gorgeous!
Glad I found you in class (experimental art e-course). Didn't realize you followed "the altered page" as well. Excellent!

Marit said...

I've been following Seth for a long time now - yes his blog is very, VERY inspiring and he himself is a sweet guy! I love digging up the 'burried treasures' myself too, yours are wonderful!

MrCachet said...

I found you via Seth - and of course as I've done with all the rest of the Buried Treasure(s), I have to browse around a bit. You do mail art! Wonderful! I do as well. Yours are very colorful and clever. Do you plan them out as to theme, or do you just do whatever strikes your fancy at the moment? Mine are all planned - in advance. Regardless, there is really too little mail exchanged any more, which makes receiving (AND GIVING) a piece of mail art so special. I'm glad I check back!