... ou comment vivre une vie créative

Sunday, June 26, 2011

seasonal wardrobe?

This month, Michelle Ward asked us if we tend to change the colors of our working palette when seasons change.
I've observed my color behavior and this is what I've noticed : my absolutely favorite works of art are the ones in RED!




I also love to play with orange or pink... but almost always combining them with RED!
On rainy days, sunny days and snowy days : RED is a full time winner.


mixed media with one of Guylaine's Silo No 5 pictures

Artists can color the sky red because they know it's blue.
Jules Feiffer

9 comments:

michelle ward said...

Nathalie - love your final quote! Fab fab fab pages! You KNOW I'm a RED fan too so I love that you said, rain, sun or snow...red wins. Thanks for sharing your perspective and your work with the team!

Terrie said...

Love your mosaic and especially your affinity for red. I share it though don't use it as much as you. Maybe I need to get over that - I'm always drawn to your pages/artwork and I think it's because I love the red/black combo so much. Thanks for sharing!

Daisy Yellow said...

While I don't think I change color with the seasons, I can't seem to avoid using magenta, intense magenta, somewhere on almost every page. I have to hold myself back from using it sometimes! And funny but I love red and rarely use it in my art. Perhaps a new experiment.

cathsheard said...

Wow! Just wow. Not much else I can say. :-)

PocketSize said...

Fabulous selection of works, and fabulous quotation at the end! I love red too, though I usually end up using it as an accent rather than a main color. I think I'm a little afraid of how bold and bright it is as a main color.

goudenregen said...

Your mosaic looks fabulous! Such a cheerful post.

jgr said...

Wonderful job! I love your reds, too. I am a big fan of red too and I really like your composition!

Marit said...

Your readers discovered long ago that red is your fave! I love your use of that colour! It's great to see your art pieces in mosaic this way!

Pen said...

Love your red layout, Red is my favorite color as well! Your layout just drew me in, I had so much fun looking at it. Love the squared layout, very cool!