... ou comment vivre une vie créative

Sunday, May 29, 2011

week as art!

Tonia Davenport liked my Milano spreads! They are featured as "week as art" at create mixed media.
If you want to skip all the talking and visit directly my travel journal, click here.


For this special occasion, I'll reveal a few things about myself.
This is me :
I began this blog in october 2010 to record Margot's first steps into this crazy world but it has turned into a creative journey far beyond my imagination!


I felt tortured for about 30 years until I finally figured out how I function.
You may be familiar with the concept of "brain sides". It is a theory that suggests that our mind has two different modes of thinking and that each of us chooses one mode over the other.
The right brain is rational, analytical, objective and reality-based.
The left brain is intuitive, non verbal, creative and fantasy-oriented.
I couldn't figured wich one was dominant. It bothered me until I've decided to let go and enjoy both sides at the same time!


I am a physician. I am trained to make logical diagnosis from informations.
My left brain is a chronic listmaker. I enjoy making schedules and plannings. I enjoy making rounds at the hospital and checking off tasks when they are accomplished.


My right brain is the artist.
Drawing or photographing what surrounds me makes me stop and take notice. I need to sketch out my problems and illustrate my notes.
I love colors, textures, lines and shapes. Inspiration comes from anywhere!


If you browse through my archives, you'll notice I usually don't write long blog posts.
Today is no exception so I'll conclude with two things :
1. To all artists out there : "Thank you so much for visiting. I enjoy every comment you leave."
2. To all physicians out there : "Stop taking yourself so damn seriously."

5 comments:

i.ikeda said...

Hahaha, I love your conclusions. I'm glad I'm not a physician, I'd feel scolded. Congratulations on being featured! You definitely deserve it, your sketches and spreads are amazing. Hope you had a good weekend. Cheers!

Ann's Art said...

Congrats all round - being featured at "week as art" and second for finishing your IMBE. Your blog is so interesting with the posts you add and all the work you put into your journaling.

Pam McKnight said...

congrats on being featured, love your blog and your outlook. I too love lists and checking things off!

apaperbear said...

Congratulations on being featured on "The Week As Art!" I was featured a few weeks back! Expect lots o' traffic from here on out! Your blog is really great!

Daisy Yellow said...

NaNa, I'm happy to know that there are other analytical artists in the world. It is an odd sort of feeling, but freeing when you discover that it all can blend together nicely.