... ou comment vivre une vie créative

Thursday, December 2, 2010

glad no matter what

I think everybody in the world of art journaling knows SARK and her fabulous books. My favorite is INSPIRATION SANDWICH that I bought a couple of years ago. It is one of my books that I can read over and over again. On page VII, I always shiver. She proposes to choose a number at random between 1 and 46, and then, to jump right to the proper chapter. If you read my last list up to the end, you know why I cannot do that :) sigh…
I recognize myself in her in those two activities : napping (p.17) (she is a "nap queen" and so am I) and building forts with blankets (p. 31)!


Well, her new book was released on the first day of NaNoJouMo (aka first of novembre) and she writes about it on her blog. Come and take a look here.
On that post, she asks us to share one thing in our life that is challenging or difficult… Without hesitation, I’d say that I feel torn between working as a physician and working as an artist… both take a lot of time… and time flies. But when a patient feels better or when someone is willing to pay for my art, I am just glad I took this challenge and remember that I need both to feel complete.

1 comment:

i.ikeda said...

Oof, je comprends. Moi aussi, j'aimerai bien choisir entre le professorat ou l'art, mais alors... Ma vie ne serait pas complete sans l'un ni l'autre. Life becomes a see-saw between the two. (^_^)

Thank you for sharing. I'll have to check out this book.